Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bahamas!!

On the way to the airport
Grant just hangin out waiting for the plane!!

My boys getting ready to board the plane!


Ok mom...Not sure about this flying thing!



Daddy got mommy a Mojito after landing in Miami....flying is not my favorite thing to do!


Last leg of the trip....Daddy are we almost there???

Finally in the Bahamas and getting ready to eat some of Jocee's yummy fresh fish tacos!

Grant and Daddy the 1st morning on the patio...Grant was ready for the day to begin!


Matthew and I at the Fresh Daiquiri hut


Here are the girls enjoying some freshness!!

The Daiquiri crew!

First time by the pool/beach, I caught Grant sitting up a little on his own and couldn't believe my eyes!!


Mom I think I like this place!!!


Yea....I really like this place!!


Grant and Daddy playin..I loved this picture!


Grant taking his first steps in the sand and surf!


Playin in the surf with mommy


Dinner Time

Me and my Bahama Babe



Brian and Jocee at dinner..I thought this was a cute picture of them!

My little Bahama family...not sure about Grant's expression..I think he was getting a little worn out from the day but oh what a view....sigh.....!



The view from the patio....sigh.....what a spot!!!

Lunch time in the Bahamian market: Mike, Ashley, and Jocee

Grant playin at lunch with Brian

Grant with the girls on the Ocean club grounds....this place was breathtakingly beautiful so we took several pictures.


Grant with mommy and daddy

These were the type of flowers everywhere on the Ocean club grounds!



More Ocean club pictures... I thought this would be a great destination wedding spot!


Some of the yachts docked at Atlantis...they were massive!!


Matthew caught this picture of Jocee and I admiring the scenery!!



The girls at Atlantis


Dinner at Cafe Matisse...it was scrumptious!


A toast to good times and great friends!!!

My sleepy baby at dinner


My not so sleepy baby at dessert!


This picture cracked me up....Grant just reading and relaxin in the shade......notice the pacifier, raddle, book, hat, towel, sunglasses....what more could a baby ask for! Mom I'm just catching up on a little big bird and how to go night night!!

Attempt to a family beach picture...the wind was crazy!


Ashley and baby Grant..I love this picture!


Naked Bahama baby on the Beach!! He loved it!


My beach baby striking a pose!!


mommy and Grant playin at the beach!



My sweet baby love!!


Jocee lovin on Grant just before dinner!



Dinner at the Beach Club...this place was unbelievable, I highly recommend going if anyone is headed to the Bahamas. Great food and wonderful views!!



The Girls at the Beach Club



Our little family after dinner




Last Day!! We had a Bahama blast!!!


Our little family has just returned from the Bahamas and let me tell you that I wish we could still be there!!!! We joined our dear friends Brian and Jocee who were already there and then Mike and Ashley(who we never get to see since they live in Chicago so it was great to see them) flew in the same night we as well. The whole day was about a 5 hour trip from Nashville to Miami and then from Miami to the Bahamas. Grant did great and slept most of the way and it was actually pretty easy traveling with a little one since so many offered to help. From start to finish we had a blast!!! The first night Jocee cooked some yummy fresh fish tacos and we all just had great conversation and friend time since we were pretty tired from the travel day. The next day we were all sleepyheads so we enjoyed a restful morning with breakfast on the patio in our pjs overlooking the most beautiful beach view! Before we hit the pool and beach for the day we decided to expereince the native straw market and grab some fresh daquiris and I mean fresh, they literally rolled the coconuts up to the hut as they made our FRESH beverage!! I enjoyed a kiwi/banana/coconut daquiri and Matthew had a strawberry coconut, they were both refreshing and FANTASTIC! The rest of the afternoon we hit the beach and poolside for a little R&R. We so enjoyed watching Grant expereince a little sun, sand, and surf for the first time...he loved it!!Dinner that evening was so fun, we sat outside with our sweet friends and overlooked the most picture perfect view while chowing down on fresh conch fritters and enjoying great conversation. The following day was kinda hilarious and we all really laughed about how we felt like the entire day was in fast forward motion (you kinda had to be there but it was really funny)!! The day started with the idea to visit a private island for the afternoon. We had the boat captain reserved and we were packed to go on our little exersion but there was one problem...the sea swells were 5-6ft high! Soooo needless to say that made all of us quickly think of plan B for the day. We found ourselves eating lunch instead in the downtown Bahamian market, going to the beach on Paradise island, relaxing at a beautiful boat dock for a bit, walking the grounds of the Ocean Club ( which was breathtaking), and strolling through Atlantis admiring all the large boats or should I say yachts parked to enjoy the afternoon as well. We ended up packing alot in that day and had so much fun even though our plan A had been changed. The evening was special as we dined at a great place called Cafe Matisse. We toasted to good times and great friends while overlooking a beautiful little courtyard all lit by twinkle lights. The next day we vegged at the pool and beachside and just enjoyed Grant and our sweet friends. Dinner that evening was I think my favorite! We went to the Beach club and both the view and meal was supurb!! I could go on and on about our trip but those are some highlights and I will leave you with several pictures!! If anyone is planning a summer vacation I highly recommend the Bahamas, it was a little slice of heaven on earth!!

6 comments:

The Claunch Family said...

You guys are such a cute family!! Looks like you had a great trip!

Claire said...

Wow, girl--you look great. You give me hope.

Joel & Joanna said...

Ahhh, that must have been wonderful! Glad you posted so many pictures, they're beautiful! That mojito sure looks yummy :o)
Grant seems like such a happy baby, glad the plane trip went well. I know you had a great time in such a pretty place. Many memories made there, I'm sure. Hope to see you soon! Lots of love your way...

Deana said...

Oh wow!! I so need a vacation after seeing your pics- What a beautiful family you have and Grant is so precious!!!!

April Kay said...

Aww, I love the pics! How was it taking him on a plane? We haven't attempted that yet with Mason, in fact, we drove 10 hours to Washington, D.C. a few weeks ago! It wasn't that bad, though. Where you were in the Bahamas looks gorgeous! The crystal clear blue water makes me the happiest! :)

The Lummus Family said...

Do you mind posting where ya'll stayed? We're taking the kids there next year over Spring Break and I need recommendations. Thanks!!