Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wine Tasting Blunder!

This picture was taken at about 4:30am once we got home!


I had to post our weekend quickly and I will apologize for any typos but this is being done one handed at the moment. On Friday night we hosted a Wine Tasting for Matthew"s firm so all week I was one busy girl getting prepared for the event. The party went great until........the cheese!!! Oh yes the cheese! What do you get when you have a large piece of cheese (with the red waxy stuff still on it) +a dinner knife = a visit to the ER! At about 11:30 we had two guests left and I was trying to fix them a plate of cheese to take home. I was using a regular ole dinner knife ( 1st mistake) to cut the large blocks of cheese. Just a little word to the wise, NEVER use a diiner knife to cut cheese! I was pressing down really hard t o cut through the waxy stuff and my hand did a little slip-a-roo....I knew instantly, said a choice word I will not repeat,( will spare you all of the pretty gory details, but my finger was still intact so that was good) and prepared for the ER. I yelled for Matthew, everyone came inside, we quickly scurried our guests out the door, grabbed Grant who was sleeping soundly, and off we went to the closest ER ( Centennial Hospital). Well, several shots, stitiches, and a HUGE bandage later we were discharged. The only funny part of this whole thing is that it is on my left hand middle finger so with the BIG white bandage it really looks like I am flipping everyone off! When we got home the birds were starting to chirp and our heads hit the pillow at about 5am. Sooo needless to say I will be on a blogging break for a bit. I can't really do a whole lot, I can't drive, clothe or change Grant"s diapers ect. Sooooo, I am headed to Lexington for the week so my Mom can help me. To all my fellow cheese slicers.....never use a dinner knife to cut cheese!

5 comments:

lyla said...

oh jenny beth--i am so sorry for you but that picture is hilarious! you should be able to really get your point across if any drivers make you angry!

Ryan and Molly said...

You poor darling! I'm so sorry and I hope you are doing better

Joel & Joanna said...

Oh my goodness, JB! How wild and crazy! And you were just trying to send your friends home with some cheese :o) Hope your finger heals quickly, and least you & Grant can have quality time with your mom! Miss you and love you.

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you the other day - all I can say is that I am glad the accident happened at the END of your party instead of the beginning!! I hope you are relaxing in Lexington :)

The Maguet's said...

You poor thing! Wow, you look fabulous at 5am, even if you are flipping everyone off! Hope you heal quickly!